(the big cost saver)
But what if after on site treatment, the quantity of waste sent for disposal substantially reduces, and what if that contaminated waste was converted into a benign waste that can be accepted at any general waste tip.
Our experience is that with on site treatment, your disposal waste costs can be reduced by as much as 80% to 90%, with 30% to 40% being typical.
What Is On Site Treatment?
On site treatment applies mainly to contaminated soil and water. Virotec remediates this contamination by either:
- using our mobile treatment plants (which are all EPA licensed to treat on site); or
- using larger and more varied equipment on a fixed project basis
- soil mixing and dosing
- reagent dosing into water bodies at prescribed continual and varying rates (to treat dams up to 20 GL in size)
- spill control for contaminant takeaway so as to reduce spoil
- microbe control
- aerators for aerobic treatments
- drum handlers and cement mixers to bind soil
With larger and more varied applications, we use:
- pug, ball and rod mills
- specialised mixing equipment
- all types of screens including retera screens
- filter presses of all sizes and types
- pumps and ancillaries – we can supply the power and piping
- mixing equipment; and
- any other specialised equipment