Virotec has over 20 years experience providing a combined remediation solution and rehabilitation capability, powered by the ViroSoil™ platform and nurtured by a culture of genuine commitment to delivery of projects. Virotec is a one-stop-shop for site rehabilitation. We do it right the first time, no more spending millions redoing previous rehabilitation works.
The ViroSoil™ Revegetation & Fertility Program developed by Virotec, supports successful restoration by facilitating root development and rhizome growth whilst reducing sediment and erosion.
Virotec's ViroSoil™ revegetation capabilities and experience enable us to provide:
- Decommissioning and rehabilitation
- Development and implementation of a comprehensive soil fertility program to successfully reduce sediment and erosion control
- Increased plant mortality and growth rates
- Improved practices such as watering regimen, seed mix and soil conditions
- Turn unwanted by-products into valuable resources
After on site treatment the quantity of waste sent for disposal substantially reduces or even better contaminated waste is either treated or converted into a benign waste that can be re-used on site or accepted at any general waste disposal facilities.
We take away the environmental problems and concerns of legitimate pressure groups and help decision makers quantify liability and determine viable options to maintain business sustainability.
- Our proprietary innovative reagents lead the way as they improve soil structure, retain moisture and allow the slow release of added nutrients. Reagents applied have the added benefit of treating environmental contaminants.
- Providing technical help and advice - the expertise of our key personnel exceeds over 200 years and we have spent more than $30 M on research and development
- Plant mortality and growth rates are also improved by an average of 50% compared to conventional practices.
- We utilise an exclusive hydromulching blend that is resistant to heavy rainfall, reducing the risk of ameliorates and seeds washing away by up to 30%. The establishment of revegetation will minimise the risk of dam wall erosion and the potential for catastrophic failure.
- We revegetate on a grid pattern, this means that any variation in soil quality is treated differently so the concept is “one size DOES NOT fit all”.
- We use drill seed techniques ensuring that germination and plant growth is improved by up to 60%.
Our team has extensive agricultural experience and provide fixed costs irrespective of soil topography.
Virotec's services include management of all relevant stakeholders and ensure we keep within the agricultural practices required.