Virotec Reagent Range and Applications
Virotec has developed a large range of reagent to treat effectively the majority of contaminants you can find in most environmental remediation and regulated waste treatment projects.
Industrial Wastewater And Solids Treatment:
ElectroBind™ Reagent designed to remove heavy metals from industrial wastewaters and immobilise heavy metals in waste solids and sludges
ViroPhos™ Reagent designed to remove phosphate from industrial wastewater and immobilise phoshate in sludges.
ViroBond™ Reagent designed to remove CCA from runoff, wastewater and leachate ponds at timber preservation plants and immobilise CCA in waste solids, sludges and contaminated soil.
- removing heavy metals from industrial wastewaters and the immobilising of heavy metals in waste solids and sludge
- removing and immobilising chromium from tannery wastewaters, sludges and solids
- removing phosphate from industrial wastewater and reducing sludge volumes
- removing CCA from runoff, wastewater and leachate ponds at timber preservation plants and immobilising CCA in waste solids, sludges and contaminated soil
- removing objectionable odours from industrial wastewater and processes
Contaminated Site Remediation And Soil Treatment:
ViroBind™ Reagent designed to immobilise heavy metals in soils. It remediates Acid Sulphate Soils (ASS) and marine clays, enhances nutrient retention capacity, and promotes plant growth.
ViroBac™ Bioremediation reagent designed to breakdown TPH, BTEX, VOC and other intractable hydrocarbon derivatives, such as PCE, TCE and PAH in soil.
ViroLock™ Reagent designed to remove PFAS from waste and ground waters, and immobilise PFAS in soils and sludges
- immobilising heavy metals, volatile organic compounds such as PCE, TCE and intractable hydrocarbon derivatives like BaP in contaminated soils
- remediating Acid Sulphate Soils (ASS) and marine clays with the benefit of enhancing nutrient retention capacity and promoting plant growth
- providing pH buffering and essential trace elements in agriculture to promote plant growth
- destroying volatile organic compounds and other intractable hydrocarbon derivatives such as PCE, TCE and PAH in soil
Mining Waste Treatment And Site Remediation:
Bauxsol™ Reagent designed to treat acidic water contaminated with heavy metals.
Bauxsol™ is Virotec’s base reagent for blends supplied to the mining industry.
Terra B™ Reagent designed to treat sulphidic waste rock and soil.
- treatment of mildly acidic (pH 6-8) water contaminated with heavy metals, particularly arsenic and selenium
- treatment of acidic (pH 4.5-6) water contaminated with heavy metals
- treatment of highly acidic (pH<4.5) water contaminated with heavy metals
- treatment of sulphidic waste rock and soil treatment of alkaline (pH>7) water contaminated with heavy metals
Municipal Wastewater And Biosolids Treatment:
ViroSewage™ Reagent designed to remove BOD, TSS,phosphorous, ammonia, odours, heavy metals and algal from liquid streams.
ViroBlend™ Reagent designed to improve compost blends and retain nutrients (phosphorous, nitrogen, potassium) for horticulture and agriculture use.
removing BOD, TSS, phosphorous, nitrogen, odours, heavy metals and algal and fungal blooms from liquid streams
improving the dewatering properties of sludge, reducing polymer usage, decreasing the moisture content in dewatered sludge and enhanced re-use properties of sludge cake
improving compost blends and retaining nutrients eg phosphorous, nitrogen, potassium, for horticultural and agricultural use
Wish to make a project enquiry?
Fill out this form and we’ll be in touch